- Preperation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4
- 2 cacciatore sausages, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, cracked
- 4 juniper berries, crumbled
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1kg pipis
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp veal jus
- florets of 4 bunches broccolini
- 100g nduja sausage
- Fry the cacciatore in half the olive oil in a large saucepan until browned, then add the onions, garlic, cumin juniper and anchovies. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix in the pipis, sherry and jus, fit the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the broccolini and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop the nduja into teaspoon amounts and fry in the remaining extra virgin olive oil until lightly blackened. Scatter over the top.
NOTE: If veal jus is unavailable, use best quality beef stock instead.