This is one of those veggie-ful pasta dishes that are almost a salad but twice as good; nourishing, satisfying and bursting with flavour.
- Preperation time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Makes: 4
- 4 servings of fresh or dried cavatelli (300-350g)
- 1 brown onion - finely diced
- 1 Black Garlic Piccolo Salami thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 50g tomato paste
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 red capsicum - roasted and sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 25g pine nuts - toasted
- 25g pecorino - shaved
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley - coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, season generously with salt, and cook the pasta until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat some cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until they have softened.
- Add the sliced salami and minced garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and roasted capsicum slices to the pan. Toss until evenly combined, lower the heat to medium and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooked, add the pasta to the sauce with 2 extra tbsp of the pasta water, and toss until the sauce clings to the pasta.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper.
Transfer the pasta onto serving plates, and scatter over with the toasted pine nuts, some thinly shaved pecorino and a handful of chopped parsley